Urgently Needed Profile
As an obstetrician-gynaecologist with Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), you will work in one of our many projects focusing on reproductive health. The obstetrician-gynaecologist collaborates with both international and national staff, notably with the head charge midwife.
You can expect to perform both emergency and planned obstetrician-gynaecologist surgery, manage obstetric complications such as instrumental assisted deliveries, manage post-operative follow-up in conjunction with an anaesthetist, and train and support surgical and midwifery staff. Your clinical skills and resourcefulness will be put to the test primarily because the healthcare infrastructure in the locations we work may have fallen apart. As the key referent for obstetric complications, you may be on call 24/7 for the duration of your placement.
- Compliance with Essential Criteria
- Certified Obstetrician/Gynaecologist
- Current or recent practical experience
- Competency with ultrasonography equipment
- Experience in supervising, managing and training others
- Ability to train and coach other health workers
- Available to work infield for a minimum of 6-8 weeks
- Competency with ultrasonography equipment (available in some locations)
- Willingness to commit for up to 3-6 months or longer; several projects involve a significant training and skills transfer component therefore some longer placements are available.