Compensation and Benefits
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) packages reflect the humanitarian spirit of volunteerism as well as recognising the high level of professionals we recruit.
The package and offer include (subject to change):
- An initial indemnity of approximately 1,100-1,300 EURO gross (approximately 5,500 – 6,500 Malaysian Ringgit depending on exchange rate) for the first 12 months of employment for any role in the field and after 12 months’ salary will be recalculated based on relevant work experience.
- Paid round trip economy air travel from your home location to the country of mission.
- Monthly stipend (“per diem” allowance) in local currency based on the cost of living in the country of the project.
- Paid annual leave days of approximately 25 days per calendar year depending on the length of your contract.
- Insurance covering health, luggage, professional liability, Medevac, repatriation and accidents. MSF provides both personal and professional liability insurance.
- Accommodation and transportation during your contract (including briefings and debriefings).
- Pre and post mission health checks. Vaccinations and prophylaxes are covered and will be reimbursed as per the international staff’ healthcare policy. If required, medical evacuation is provided and covered by the organisation.
- Psychological support before departing and upon return of your mission.
- Personalised career development, with access to different levels of training, coaching and mentoring, in order to grow within the organisation. Some trainings are also external with formal qualifications.
- For a mission of 12 months or longer, additional benefits and packages apply. Detailed information will be provided.
- Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) will cover all COVID-19 hotel quarantine expenses and considered working days therefore you will also be in contact for the duration of your quarantine. However the duration may vary depending on the quarantine rules of your country of residence, COVID-19 PCR tests requirements, etc.
Review our recruitment checklist to see if you are ready to apply.