Mental Health Professional - Psychologists/Counsellors, Psychiatrists, Social Workers, Nurses
URGENTLY NEEDED PROFILE
Mental health professionals
As a mental health professional, you will play a critical role in Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) projects in emergency and longer-term program contexts. In the field, you may be providing support to those experiencing sexual violence, suffering from the consequences of conflict, epidemics/pandemics or as a result of natural disasters.
Experience in providing support in PTSD and Trauma based programs are especially valued, as is clinical experience providing support for people with severe mental illness. All Mental Health Specialists require post-graduate Clinical qualifications and a minimum of 2 years post-qualification clinical experience.
In addition to meeting the Essential Criteria for all fieldworkers, the below outlines the essential criteria for various mental health profiles.
- Clinical Master degree in either Psychology or Counselling, and at least 2 years of clinical experience after graduation, providing individual therapy.
- Experience supervising and training other mental health clinicians is highly valued.
- Working with translators and or experience in transcultural settings is helpful.
- Psychiatrists selected for field positions will usually be required to provide a combination of individual patient care and supervision and training of inexperienced clinicians.
- Clinicians will be expected to treat mostly adults in outpatient settings.
- Experience in child and adolescent mental health is valued.
- We use WHO validated protocols and Psychiatrists should be willing to work in a team environment in low resource settings.
- Resident in Psychiatry with a minimum of 3 yrs experience, with at least 2 years in adult psychiatry
- Social workers in MSF must have a clinical Social Work Master degree qualification and at least 2 years of full-time clinical mental health experience after graduation, including extensive experience providing individual and or family/group counselling.
- Clinical case management experience is an asset, as is an experience in clinical counselling supervision, training. Experience managing clinical teams is highly valued.
Mental Health Nursing
- Clinical Nurses with a minimum of 5 years of experience in clinical psychiatry, preferably in outpatient settings, may also be considered for mental health specialist roles.
- Extensive experience and training in counselling are required.
- Case management experience, particularly for patients with a severe mental disorder, is highly valued.
- Experience supervising, training and managing other mental health clinicians