Human Resources, Finance and Administration Manager/Coordinator
All our projects require competent personnel to support the medical staff and keep activities running from an administrative perspective. As the person responsible for project finances and/or human resources (HR), you will undertake one of the most diverse and challenging roles within a Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) team.
Generally, human resources, finance and administration managers can be required a mix of finance and human resources experience, depending on the location of the position. In some larger projects, you may be asked to be responsible for only HR and administration or finance.
From the financial side, you will be responsible for project accounts, cash management and security, budget control and financial reporting. You will liaise with local authorities and service providers concerning all Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières' (MSF) project finance issues. You may also be part of the country management team, coordinating the financial resources for several field projects at the same time and contributing to discussion and decisions around project direction.
From HR and administration, you will liaise with local authorities and service providers concerning all compliance, human resources issues, and local labour laws. You will also be responsible for recruitment, administration management (contracts, etc.), dealing with staffing issues (behavioural issues, etc.) and implementation of countrywide HR strategy identified for your project/mission. In some locations, you may also be required to implement learning and development activities.
Your cross-cultural field staff management and communication skills will also be important, as your role requires supporting both international and local staff.
Human Resources, Finance and Administration Managers/Coordinator positions are based either in the capital city of countries where we operate, with more regular visits to field projects to understand better the local context and provide effective support to the field-based teams or in field projects themselves.
- Compliance with Essential Criteria
- For finance: a minimum 2+ years of professional experience in accounting, budgeting, financial planning, financial control, financial reporting, audit, financial and reporting guidelines of major funding institutions
- For HR and administration: a minimum of 2+ years of professional experience in various managerial, generalist or technical human resource management positions. Knowledge of compensation and benefit, learning and development is an asset.
- Experience in policy development and principles in areas such as performance management, staff payroll, tax, compliance, labour laws,
- Ability to work as part of a senior management team, including project planning responsibilities
- Availability for a minimum of 6 months and preferably up to 9-12 months
- Ability to understand and function in different legal environments
- French, Arabic or Spanish