Urgent Profile Needed
As an emergency doctor working for Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), you would be providing emergency medical aid after natural disasters, treating survivors of armed conflict, or training local teams on responding to a mass casualty event.
The emergency doctors are activity managers responsible for planning, organizing and evaluating the emergency activities. They supervise and provide support to the emergency doctors and midwives. They ensure good collaboration with other services and report on the activity of their service. We are currently focused on developing emergency structures. Because of its versatility and flexibility, emergency medicine is used more and more in war contexts as well as long-term projects.
- Compliance with Essential Criteria
- Emergency Medicine Specialist who has completed training in an accredited emergency medicine speciality training program or
- Emergency medicine doctor who functions at the level of an emergency medicine specialist (e.g., if from a country where emergency medicine is not a speciality or trained before it became a speciality).
- Experience managing an emergency department (patient flow, triage, teamwork approach to patient resuscitation), paediatric emergencies, trauma patients (resuscitation, multiple injuries, multiple patients concurrently, fracture reduction/splinting, etc), mass casualty incidents, patients in shock and applicable use of point-of-care ultrasound
- Ability to supervise the emergency department
- Availability for a minimum of 6 weeks and up to 3-6 months however some missions can be up to 9 months depending on the project context.
Clinical experience in areas such as Paediatrics, Anaesthetics, Critical Care, Obstetrics/Gynaecology, Minor Surgery