About the role of biomedical technician
The biomedical technician is responsible for maintaining biomedical equipment used in Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)‘s medical facilities. This includes verifying the installation and start-up of medical equipment, maintaining, monitoring and repairing biomedical equipment, supervising, training and supporting users, updating maintenance records and technical documentation and ensuring computerized maintenance management software is effective.
- Compliance with Essential Criteria
- A diploma in biomedical mechanics
- Experience in maintaining automated/electromechanical/electronic systems are mandatory
- Supervisory and/or training expertise is a definite plus
- Available to work in-field for 6+ months
- Arabic or French speaking
All Biomed technicians are hired as logisticians. Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) logisticians come from a range of skill sets and backgrounds: they are engineers, fleet managers, construction managers, architects, farm managers, project managers, and more.